Self-Petitioning by Abused Spouse [I-360] VAWA (Violence Against Women Act)

An abused alien spouse of a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder may file a green card application on his/her own without the consent of the US citizen or legal resident spouse. A self-petitioner must be legally married (in good faith) to the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident batterer. A self-petition may be filed if the marriage was terminated by the abusive spouse’s death within the two years prior to filing. A self-petition may also be filed if the marriage to the abusive spouse was terminated, within the two years prior to filing, by divorce related to the abuse. Our law office has extensive experience in VAWA applications. If you need help with obtaining permanent residency because of an abusive spouse, please contact our office today for assistance.

Book a Consultation Today
Ready to get started?
Call (650) 373-1122
to inform us of your immigration needs and set up a consultation. We are also available in person at our offices or by video conference.

Book a Consultation